10/15/2006

I missed attending church today--my van is in the shop and Bethany woke up late. I still could have gone, but the little rental I have won't hold Bethany's stroller and I wasn't up to making Bethany walk a long distance to get to class. (When you are late to church the good parking spaces are all gone)

Holmes comes home Tuesday. Hooray!!! He'll be gone to Cincinnati Friday- Sunday, but then he is home for a while. Hallelujah!

I have been repairing vacuum cleaners and steam cleaners, putting doors back on cabinets, and dealing with Bethany constantly. I am more than ready for a break. And now I need to fix the disposer again!

I don't know how single moms manage this stuff all the time--maybe they don't have big houses and yards to deal with. I think the day to day hassle of caring for a handicapped child is probably the most difficult thing to deal with. If I had life to do over again, I probably would have more strongly considered putting her in the school system--then I would at least have a few hours free each day!

I don't really mind caring for Bethany--my hope is in heaven, this is just a temporary place of residence. Many many people deal with much worse things than I deal with. And there is nothing better than seeing a big smile on Bethany's face, or to hear her call "Mom", "mom" when she wakes up in the morning. But the fussing does wear on me! Thank God for headphones.

No comments: