11/02/2008

Well, we welcome in November, 2008. Halloween fell a bit flat in the Bryan household this year. Dad left for Latvia, Noelle joined her college siblings for the evening, and I passed out candy to three whole children! I haven't heard much about the Harvest Festival at church, but I assume all went well there.

Maybe we should start a Reformation celebration. I think it would be fun. Maybe I'll research it this year. If you have ideas, let me know.

I liked Doug Metzger's message this morning, a challenge to make a difference in the world, but my favorite part was the story of the young man with Down's Syndrome. Challenged to make a difference in the store where he worked, Johnny decided to write down a "thought of the day" and place it in the bags of his customers as he bagged their groceries. Soon, Johnny's thoughts became so popular that all the customers lined up in his line at checkout. The store manager couldn't talk anyone into switching to a shorter line! There was much more to the story, but the point is that anyone can make a positive difference in our world.

No comments: