8/31/2013

Does Joy Come in the Morning?

Does Joy Come in the Morning?

I don't know!  I'm still waiting. One of the difficulties of living with a handicapped young person is dealing with temper tantrums, stubbornness, and sometimes sleeplessness.

Last night, Bethany awakened at 2:30, and she had no interest in going back to bed.  Instead, the night was punctuated with numerous temper tantrums, a early morning snack or two, and a short time watching TV.  

My mother used to say "I feel like death warmed over." I can empathize!

The good news from her massage therapist,  Bethany has abs of steel!  That comes from all those temper tantrums where she rocks back and forth, slamming her small body into the couch.  I've caught her doing sit-ups in her bed when she can't go to sleep too. Maybe I should try doing my own temper tantrums!

I thought about God's word while we weren't sleeping last night.

Romans 5:3-5
Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

So God is making me quite a character, filled with hope, and we know that hope does not disappoint! And that is a good thing.

Time for a car ride and eventually hot baths and showers.  I'm thankful to have these conveniences that make life more enjoyable!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry Bethany's being a booger. When Kingdom comes, God's going to give you a grand vacation and we'll all be serving you!

Just saw this post while looking in the gaps diet (for myself): http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/hannahs-story-2-years-on-gaps-diet-reverses-autism/

Sarah said...

Sorry Bethany's being such a booger. When Kingdom comes, God's going to give you a grand vacation and we'll all be serving you! You deserve it after all these years. Just saw this blog post when I was researching gaps (for me)and thought you might be interested considering your previous blog post. http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/hannahs-story-2-years-on-gaps-diet-reverses-autism/

vi mom said...

The GAPS diet is recommended by the new nutritionist working at Pamala's office. After a few rough days, Bethany is doing much better--happy and talking with fewer and fewer seizures.